Team Lead Business Development (m/f/d) - #58274
On its hyper-growth journey and in an effort to extend its footprint and market coverage, DataGuard values the crucial importance of a high-performance sales engine. In order to support our aim to reach unicorn valuation in 2-3 years, we are now searching for a Team Lead to build and lead our Business Development Team for the German market with creativity, energy and autonomy.
Reporting to the VP Revenue this position provides an extensive opportunity to shape the future of DataGuard’s Go-to-Market model and organisation. You will own one of the most critical missions of our company’s journey and be able to grow your professional career along the way.
Join DataGuard and succeed in a high-impact leadership role within a dynamic environment at one of the hottest German scale-up business.
Build an A-class sales & business development organisation in order to drive pipeline generation and Committed Annual Recurring Revenue (CARR) in line with DataGuard’s growth aspirations. Bring our existing approach to the next level and evolve the framework for accelerated identification and qualification of sales opportunities while rapid prototyping different lead generation models.
We are a fast-growing Legal Tech company with a common purpose: Protect the people behind the data. With over 160 employees in Munich, Berlin, London and Bath, we offer our customers an end-to-end solution to manage their data privacy and information security. To do that we combine eye-level expert support with a self-developed digital web platform.
A member of DataGuard’s leadership team, the Team Lead Business Development is responsible for our outbound pipeline generation efforts:
Best-in-class Prospecting Engine*
- Drive and own DataGuard’s overall Outbound Strategy for awareness building and lead generation with laser-sharp focus on generating qualified and tangible pipeline
- Stay in tune with the experiences customers have with DataGuard, so that you can apply these learnings to your strategies – ensure you and your team are product experts
- Design and continuously improve our outbound prospecting playbook and cadences targeting all relevant buying personae across DataGuard’s Ideal Customer Profile
Team Growth for Excellence
- Establish, coach and manage a highly professional team for outbound prospecting (BDRs) and inbound lead qualification (SDRs) and grow it in line with your success
- Actively promote DataGuard as an employer of choice encouraging an increase in quality inbound applications
- Recruit, onboard and develop new team members and enable them to start and grow their career in SaaS sales at DataGuard
- Evolve DataGuard’s TechStack of prospecting applications (Albacross, Cognism, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Zoominfo) for maximum productivity of BDRs and SDRs
- Collaborate with Marketing to leverage existing campaigns and to ensure effective content is available in order to maximise conversion rates from lead to first meetings
- Partner with the Direct Sales Teams and establish effective feedback loops in order to optimise lead quality for maximum conversion rate from first meeting to won deal
- Align with Revenue Operations to define, monitor and create insight from the end-to-end KPIs that predict success of your team
- Meet and exceed the German outbound business plan across our SMB and Corporate segments to make DataGuard more independent from paid channels – maximize the number of first business meetings scheduled
- Represent the sales leadership team at our Berlin hub and create a performance & fun culture of A-players striving to meet and exceed their individual targets
- Provide thought-leadership for revenue growth opportunities for existing as well as new segments
- We add value - We offer flexible, sustainable, and eco-friendly transport options for you by covering your individual mobility needs.
- We care - We provide family services, supporting you and your family with professional consulting on your individual topics.
- We conquer peaks - We fully sponsor your access to 5,000+ sports, fitness and wellness facilities and courses for 20+ sports.
- We build bridges - We offer national and international relocation support tailored to your individual needs.
- We create trust - With our DGFlex Policy we foster on-site collaboration while giving you the flexibility of working remote.
On top of that, you can expect:
- Rapidly growing and dynamic B2B/SaaS company with start-up flair
- International team of over 160 ambitious like-minded people
- Positive and professional working atmosphere and high personal esteem
- Steep learning curve with great potential for personal and professional development
- Professional onboarding and continuous training opportunities
- Flat hierarchies, lots of responsibility and a strong focus on individual ownership
- Flexible working hours and remote working
- Regular team events and a "one for all, all for one" mentality
- Innovative, positive, respectful, informal and highly professional!
Qualifications & Experience / Educational Background
- Minimum of 3 years of business development experience in a hyper-growth, fast paced & competitive environment collected in either a software / SaaS firm or a consulting / professional services business
- Proven track record of building a successful SDR/BDR organisation with a high degree of autonomy to implement the own playbook
- Strong personal network into the industry for continuous exchange on best practices in outbound prospecting
- Degree in information technology or business administration or equivalent business experience
- Domain knowledge in SaaS / digital business models is a must. Knowledge in any of the following is a plus: Data Privacy, Information Security, Governance/Compliance
- Fluent in English and German is a must, other languages as a plus, especially Spanish and French
Key Competencies & Characteristics
- Truly entrepreneurial and growth mind-set
- Smart and fast thinker / learner with strong business acumen
- Self-starter – eager to be successful and to exceed goals
- High-pace mentality in combination with an integer and trustworthy character
- Hands-on executer mentality – “Getting things done!”, “Done is better than perfect!”
- Analytical and KPI-driven decision making
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- International mind-set, able to work effectively in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Passionate about outbound prospecting and leading by example in order to coach team members to success
Last but not least, from the bottom of our hearts:
No matter your origin, ethnicity, gender identity, religion or individual requirements; at DataGuard, all that counts is the person you are. As Guards, we are united not only by our dedication, but also by our shared belief in our purpose: Protect the people behind the data. Convince us with your personality and your skills - and together we will make great things happen. We are looking forward to meeting you
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent