Tech Team Lead (m/f/d) - #57914
At Getsurance, we develop online insurance with an award-winning user experience. Customers can purchase digital life insurance online from us in just 5 minutes. Our top-rated products, such as our cancer insurance and our disability insurance, were designed to ensure they're 100% digital and customer-centric. Our insurance policies are transparent and fair. We take care of everything digitally and simply, without any hassle.
Since January 2021 we are a part of the Nürnberger Versicherungen Group. Together we strive to build the most customer-friendly products in our industry.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for the best people to join us on our mission to make insurance simply better! Join us now.
We are currently looking for a dedicated Tech Team Lead* (m/f/d)* to join our tech team in Berlin. You will work closely with Edu, our CTO, and be responsible for the technical implementation of the Backend APIs that power our revolutionary products. If you are ready to work independently with bleeding-edge technology — join us.
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end backend architecture powering our products, using Ruby and dry-rb
- You actively create and improve processes, tools, architecture, and development practices
- Contribute with management with cohesive plans and ideas to achieve our objectives
- You develop clean, performant, reliable as well as testable code
- You share your knowledge by mentoring and pairing with your colleagues
Have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Backend Developer or Fullstack Developer with Ruby
- Strong experience with API design and development
- Rock-solid, language-agnostic engineering skills
- Experience designing and optimizing relational and non-relational datastore workloads - we use PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, and AWS SNS
- Well-informed opinions and practice regarding code quality, testing, pair-programming, linting, type safety, and code review
- Git, CI, testing
- Additional languages - We strive to use the best tool for the job and use Rust, Python, Elm, and Typescript - collaborating across the stack is highly valued
- Distributed system and microservice design patterns
- A modern tech stack focusing on functional programming with very little legacy (dry-rb, Elm, Typescript, React)
- A modern process. (Kanban, Code Reviews, Continuous Integration)
- An experienced and supportive albeit small team
- Competitive salary
- Choice of 30/35/40 hour work contract. For those interested in a better work-life balance, we give you the option to choose your ideal contract and change it when the need arises.
- Summer Hours. In July and August, we work 4 days a week. We encourage you to go outside and enjoy the sun!
- Remote work. We are based in Berlin, Germany and the majority of the team resides there. We are open to candidates within Germany.
- 1000 € / year Education Allowance. We give you 1000 Euro per year to invest in your continuing education. You can spend the money on online courses, coding classes, conference tickets, books, etc.
- 1 Month Sabbatical Every Three Years. Every three years, employees are eligible to take a one-month-long (unpaid) sabbatical.
- Public Transport Ticket. We give you an unlimited public transport ticket that you can also use in your spare time, worth 760 € / year for those residing in Berlin.
- 1000 € / year Matching Charitable Gifts. When you donate money to a registered charity, Getsurance will make a matching gift to that charity on your behalf.
- 30 Vacation Days per Year. We want you to enjoy nice vacations and come back fresh and relaxed.
- A unique company culture. We are a small, yet highly motivated group of individuals. Whether you prefer a social side with virtual team events or keeping to yourself; we are open and accepting.
We look forward to hearing from you. Your contact is Avi Surdu.
Location: Cuvrystraße 53, Berlin
Job Type: Full-time